Abstract Submission Opens: October 30, 2017
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
- Abstracts may be submitted via this website only.
- Abstracts submitted by fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
- You will receive confirmation that your abstract has been received, indicating the abstract number which it has been allocated. Please refer to this abstract number in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
Deadline for the submission of abstracts: 22 January 2018, midnight CET (23:59).
- Results of clinical trials that will complete after this deadline (but in time to release results in a late-breaking session) can be submitted to the late breaking trials section. This section is open from 19th February 2018 To 4th April 2018. If you anticipate having a late-breaking trial you are encouraged to submit a placeholder abstract now to the regular system. This abstract can describe the trial and the analyses that will be available. This will assist the conference committee in reserving a suitable slot on the program and you can update your abstract with results during the late breaking submission window.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION RULES
- Abstracts must be original and must not be or have been published, nor presented at any international meeting, prior to ESOC 2018. If you submit a manuscript on your work before presentation at ESOC 2018, you should agree with the journal editor that the manuscript will not be released online prior to the date of presentation.
- The Committee will endeavour to schedule abstracts according to authors' preferences but reserves the right to decide on the final form of presentation.
- The presenting author is expected to attend the Conference and present their abstract. Presenting authors of abstracts must be registered participants.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission to the Secretariat.
- With the exception of placeholder abstracts for late breaking trials, only abstracts with results will be accepted for review.
- Results may be preliminary, and the final results can be updated in the presentation or poster.
- Late breaking clinical trials that are not yet ready to report can be submitted to the late breaking trials system with a deadline of 4th April 2018. If you anticipate having such a trial, you are encouraged to submit a placeholder abstract to the regular abstract system now.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university scientific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- All submitted abstracts will be forwarded to the Committee for review. Notifications regarding status will be sent once the review process is complete.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author's contact details:
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Daytime and evening phone number
- Presentation type (please choose your preference from one of the following):
- Oral presentation
- Poster Presentation
- Author and co-authors' details (maximum of 20 authors):
- Full first and family name(s)
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Abstract title: Limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text: Limited to 250 words (note: word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are added)
- Abstract topic: Abstracts must be allocated to a specific topic for the Scientific Programme. Please choose from the list of topics.
- Tables: A maximum of 3 tables of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract
- Graphs and images: It is important to note that each image included in the abstract is worth 30 words. A maximum of 3 images can be included per abstract. The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs in JPG, GIF or PNG format.
* If you are describing a clinical trial or clinical trial results, including any ongoing trial, the trial registration number will be needed for the submission process.
DECLARATION OF CONSENT TO PUBLICATION AND ASSIGNATION OF COPYRIGHT
- I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes my consent to publication (e.g. Conference website, programmes, other promotions, etc.)
- As the Abstract Submitter, I warrant and represent that I am the sole owner or have the rights of all the information and content ("Content") provided to ESOC 2018 and Kenes International (Hereafter: "The Organisers"). The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
- As the Abstract Submitter, I grant the Organisers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive licence to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content.
- The Organisers reserve the right to remove from any publication an abstract that does not comply with the above.
- I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.